Welcome to Georgia! The Fifth Anniversary of the National Tourism Awards
December 6, 2019, “Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metekhi Palace” was hosted the fifth anniversary of the most important event in the Georgian tourism and hospitality industry Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards, where among the 380 representatives from the tourism and hospitality industry named 29 winners in the 27 different nominations, including new nomination “H2OTEL Water Saving Award”- created specially with cooperation UNDP and given to the – Hostel Why Me?, a special award on behalf of GNTA for Contribution to Tourism Development was presented to – “Spend 4 season in Georgia” by the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Natia Turnava and Head of Georgian Tourism Administration – Mariam Kvrivishvili, and also special prize by Shalva Khetsuriani – “Khetsuriani Trophy” was given to the page “Spend 4 season in Georgia”.
- THE BEST TRADITIONAL GEORGIAN RESTAURANT AWARD – Ethno Tsiskvili
- CONCEPT ACCOMMODATION AWARD – MOXY Tbilisi
- CONCEPT ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Glamping Georgia
- THE BEST VALUE – STANDARD ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Courtyard Tbilisi
- THE BEST VALUE – PREMIUM ACCOMMODATION AWARD –Tbilisi Marriott Hotel
- THE SMALL WINERY AWARD – Baia’s Wine
- THE BEST 4 SEASON MOUNTAIN ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Borjomi Likani
- THE BEST SEA ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Sheraton Batumi Hotel
- THE BEST VALUE – LOW BUDGET ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Pushkin 10
- THE BEST FESTIVAL OR EVENT AWARD – Tbilisi Open Air
- THE BEST MICE TOURISM AWARD – Lopota Lake Resort & Spa
- THE BEST WINE TOURISM AWARD – JSC Chateau Mukhrani
- THE BEST WINE TOURISM AWARD – Winery Khareba
- THE BEST HOTEL OF INTERNATIONAL CHAIN IN GEORGIA AWARD – Radisson Collection Hotel, Tsinandali Estate
- CONCEPT CAFÉ/RESTAURANT AWARD – Puri Guliani
- THE BEST SKI ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Gudauri Loft Hotel
- THE BEST INCOMING TOUR OPERATOR AWARD – Holiday Factory
- THE BEST ADVENTURE TOURISM AWARD – MOUNTAIN FREAKS MOUNTAIN TRAVEL & ADVENTURE AGENCY
- THE FASTEST GROWING COMPANY OF THE YEAR IN THE SME SEGMENT AWARD – Best Western on Barnov
- THE BEST WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARD – Keti Mikashavidze
- ICREATE – THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GEORGIAN BRAND IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARD – Georgia Palace Hotel & SPA Kobuleti
- THE BEST RURAL TOURISM AWARD – Wine Yard N1
- THE BEST AIRLINE COMPANY – Lufthansa
- THE BEST NICHE TOURISM AWARD – Trails and Wines
- RESPONSIBLE TOURISM AWARD – Marriott Hotels in Tbilisi
- THE BEST TRADITIONAL CRAFT AWARD – White Studio
- “H2OTEL Water Saving Award”- Hostel Why Me?
- Special prize by Shalva Khetsuriani – “Khetsuriani Trophy” – “Spend 4 season in Georgia”
- Special Award on behalf of GNTA for Contribution to Tourism Development was presented to – “Spend 4 season in Georgia”
The Ceremony hosted up to 600 guests, including Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development – Natia Turnava, Deputy Mayor of Tbilisi – Sopo Khuntsaria, government officials, the business sector and international and local media.
This year’s ceremony format was quite different from the previous years, as the organizers created a real anniversary party for each guest, with a Gala Evening, interactive program and many other surprises.
The Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is an annual awards ceremony held in Georgia since 2015 and has successfully established itself as a credible, unique platform that contributes significantly to the development of the Georgian tourism and hospitality industry, with a growing number of nominees and winners each year.
The project has been co-organized for the fifth year already by the Georgian National Tourism Administration of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development and for the fourth year already by Bank of Georgia. Supported by the Tbilisi City Hall and the Agency of Protected Areas. General Sponsor – Alliance Group. Independent Auditor – BDO Georgia.